Picture
It has been a long, long journey for this quilt.  It was the project that I took with on our 47 day RV trip this summer.  The fabric was cut before we left and I was hoping to have a completed quilt top when we turned.  Well, of course things did not quite work out that way!  I will spare you the details of pattern errors and such, but just know, I was determined to finish this one and not be defeated!  It would have been just too easy to set it in the pile of doom.  If this quilt in all it bits and pieces were to enter that pile, it would have been way to easy to leave it there for all eternity!

So, I pushed though and finished.  Cut and cut again to correct errors....grrrr.  Bottom line, it is finished.  Actually, it has been finished for several weeks.  The quilt was put away in to a dark closet.  I am hoping absence makes the heart grow fonder...cause right now...I am not in love with this one.  There I said it.  I worked many hours on this and to me, it is just blah.  Kind of a bummer when you don't love the finished quilt, but it happens.  What do you think?

Comments

10/25/2013 4:32pm

I just fell in love!
This quilt is superb!!!

10/25/2013 6:56pm

Well I for one LOVE it! If you don't want to finish it I can always take it off your hands for you. =)

10/25/2013 10:01pm

I really like it. And, hello, you backed it with minky which means instant cuddle quilt -- you can't go wrong. Glad to see you blogging again.

Peggy
10/26/2013 1:46am

Is that blue sewing machine a SewMore? It looks just like my first sewing machine my parents bought me for Christmas 50 years ago!

Ann Sandler
11/17/2013 7:56am

Hi Peggy! The blue sewing machine is a Precision Sewing Machine. I was built in Japan. There was a time when the company made machines with a cities name in them. This machine reads Eau Claire, which is a town in Wisconsin where I live. So there could be many designs if this machine out there!
Ann

10/26/2013 7:38pm

Cute quilt! I'm glad you stuck with it!

About Me...

Welcome to Carrying Sunshine.  My name is Ann and I will be your host.  Together we shall venture into the crafty world, toss on our shoes for a run, and maybe travel the globe.  Don't be shy, introduce yourself.  I would love to meet you!

Instagram